Kingdom Hearts 3: A Peak into the Keyhole
Since the first release in 2002, Kingdom Hearts has evolved into a video game series that spanned across many platforms with many spin offs. KH is best known for its main instalments on the PlayStation 2 and the HD Remix versions on the PlayStation 3.
Kingdom Hearts follows the story of the main protagonist, Sora, and his pals, Donald and Goofy, jumping all across familiar Disney Worlds with Final Fantasy and other exciting characters thrown in the mix. Across all games, their mission has been to defeat enemy creatures and villainous groups-- the Heartless, the Nobodies, Organization 13-- to stop them from gaining access and taking control of the titular Kingdom Hearts.
With all the rumors and speculation revolving around the long awaited Kingdom Hearts 3, I’m here to clean up the mess and give you the Top 7 speculated and confirmed features of Kingdom Hearts 3.
1. With a large majority of the Disney-themed worlds expected to return, there will be some entirely new worlds we’ve never seen before. That means all new allies as well as new enemies. You can look forward to seeing Big Hero 6, Tangled, Frozen themed worlds, as well as and a whole new part of the existing Hercules world: Mount Olympus the home of the Greek Gods.
2. PIXAR!!!! Yes, you heard me right. Pixar will be finally joining the KH universe with a confirmed Toy Story world. You can bet we will be seeing more of our favorite Pixar characters joining the fight.
3. This time time around, KH3 will be pushing the strongest game engine release as of yet: The Unreal Engine 4, capable of stunning HD graphics and a whole new Ragdoll physics system. Get ready for the best looking game in the series.
4. KH3 will have multiplayer capabilities, so grab your keyblade and get ready to take on the darkness with not just Donald and Goofy and the rest of the gang but your friends as well.
5. The shot lock game mechanic is confirmed to return. We first saw shot lock commands in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP) allowing players to lock on to a certain number of enemies and deal massive damage at lightning speeds.
6. Expect to see all new limits and very interesting summons. Sora, Donald and Goofy will be teaming up again to deal massive damage as a team and this time around we are going to be getting some Disneyland theme park rides as special summons for the game. Disneyland. Theme park. Rides.
7. Kingdom Hearts takes a note from Transformers. The Keyblade was never just a sword to swing around but now has been upgraded. Special Keyblades will turn into dual pistols as well as a canon among other things.
These features have me excited to rejoin Sora, Donald, and Goofy for the final chapter in the Xehanort Saga.
Are you ready?